Monday, September 22, 2014

Lordship and Unity

Joh 14:21  Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." 

The unity between the Father and Son is the unity we have with God. This shows distinction of persons between the Father and Son, and between believers and God. Jesus is not the Father nor are believers Jesus Christ.

I noticed as well that it is ONLY those who keeps the commands of Jesus Christ, actually love Him and it is that person who will be loved by the Father as well. In addition this is the person (hears and obeys His commandments) to whom Jesus reveals Himself, not to the world.

Joh 14:22  Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?" 
Joh 14:23  Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 
Joh 14:24  Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me. 

This is the Lordship of the Lord. If one does not keep His commands and words, then such a person, despite their claims, does not in fact love Jesus Christ, nor is he loved by the Father, nor is he indwelled by God. This is the proclamation of Jesus Christ and ultimately God the Father.

No comments: