Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11-08

Seven years ago today, my sister called me to ask if I had been watching the news. I turned it on only to see the remains of the first airplane that hit one of the World Trade Center Towers. And then I watched the second airplane hit. I was in shock.

As I was watching, the news confirmed there was another plane still airborn, held hostage by some men. It was at that moment that my daughter (who was 8) and I started to pray for those people in that airplane. God in His grace, had that plane crash into a field far from the terrorists' destination.

I will always remember 9-11-01 in this way. I hope it encourages other Christians to pray when they hear of a tragedy in the making. It amazes me how God moves His children to pray for others they do no know. It brings me comfort knowing He could do the same for me, should I ever be in a horrible situation.

I also pray it spurs Christians to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus who at this moment are suffering in prisons and facing torture, as well as their familes ripped apart, children taken from their arms, homes destroyed, and lives taken, simply because they a Christians and belong to Jesus Christ. While they may never know your name, your prayers on behalf of these precious unknown Christians are heard by the God Who Hears....and HE knows them each by name.

Psa 91:14 "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."

2Ti 2:19 But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity."

May those who survived 9-11 or lost loved ones on that day, turn to the Great Shepherd, Savior, and Master for forgiveness of their sin and for eternal life. Only in the Person of Christ Jesus can there ever be true and everlasting peace, for HE alone IS the Prince of Peace.

No comments: