Friday, October 23, 2015

What Jesus Christ the Lord Deserves

Jesus Christ deserves the best men to preach His gospel, and not the empty-headed and the shiftless.

- Spurgeon

I agree. His standard is high and He is worthy of so much more than half-hearted hirelings.

Jas 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Mal 2:1 "And now, O priests, this command is for you. Mal 2:2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the LORD of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart. Mal 2:3 Behold, I will rebuke your offspring, and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it.

Jer 23:1 "Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!" declares the LORD. Jer 23:2 Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: "You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the LORD.

1Ti 5:19 Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 1Ti 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. 1Ti 5:21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

No comments: