Friday, August 07, 2015

Past Experiences

Past experiences are doubtful food for Christians; a present coming to Christ alone can give us joy and comfort.

~Spurgeon

Php 3:7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Php 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ

Php 3:12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Php 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: