Thursday, August 27, 2015

Who Are Your Friends?

"I am a companion of all that fear Thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts" (Psalm 119:63).
"A person is not only known by the company he or she keeps, but is molded thereby: "He that walketh with wise men, shall be wise; but a companion of fools shall be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20). Seek as your friends, dear reader, those who are most Christ-like in their character and conversation....A godly companion is an invaluable aid to the preserving of spirituality."
~ Arthur Pink, "The Life of David - Chapter 42"

Jas 4:4  You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 

1Co 15:33  Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals." 

2Co 6:14  Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 
2Co 6:15  What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 

Jer 15:17  I did not sit in the company of revelers, nor did I rejoice; I sat alone, because your hand was upon me, for you had filled me with indignation. 

Psa 26:4  I do not sit with men of falsehood, nor do I consort with hypocrites. 5  I hate the assembly
of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked.

No comments: