Saturday, February 14, 2015

When the Wicked Word Applauds You

Embedded image permalink
photo source: twitter

Luk 6:26  "Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

Joh 15:19  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Gal 1:10  For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 

1 comment:

laurie said...

SO many seek the approval of man; pride causes one to need the approval of another.
George Muller said it best concerning this matter...
"There was a day when I died; died to self, my opinions, preferences, tastes and will; died to the world, its approval or censure; died to the approval or blame even of my brethren or friends; and since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God."