Saturday, May 18, 2013

We Have No Right to Ever Be Angry With the Thrice Holy God

I've often heard professing Christians justify their anger toward God by saying, "God can handle anything I throw His way, including my anger." I believe this is a prideful attitude toward God and is sinful in nature. God does not earn one's anger for all that He does is righteous and good and holy. It is to rail against His justice and really, to accuse the thrice holy God as being unjust.

Does Scripture say its ok to be angry at God?


Job 38:1  Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said, 2  "Who is this that darkens counsel By words without knowledge? 3  "Now gird up your loins like a man, And I will ask you, and you instruct Me! 4  "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, 5  Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it?



Job 38:12  "Have you ever in your life commanded the morning, And caused the dawn to know its place, 13  That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, And the wicked be shaken out of it?

Job 38:31  "Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion? 32  "Can you lead forth a constellation in its season, And guide the Bear with her satellites?




Job 40:1  Then the LORD said to Job, 2  "Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it." 3  Then Job answered the LORD and said, 4  "Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You? I lay my hand on my mouth. 5  "Once I have spoken, and I will not answer; Even twice, and I will add nothing more." 6  Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm and said, 7  "Now gird up your loins like a man; I will ask you, and you instruct Me. 8  "Will you really annul My judgment? Will you condemn Me that you may be justified? 9  "Or do you have an arm like God, And can you thunder with a voice like His?

Isa 45:23  "I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. 24  "They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame. 


No comments: