Saturday, January 04, 2014

Encouragement In This Day And Age

               

Psa 73:1  A Psalm of Asaph. Surely God is good to Israel, To those who are pure in heart!
Psa 73:2  But as for me, my feet came close to stumbling, My steps had almost slipped.
Psa 73:3  For I was envious of the arrogant As I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
Psa 73:4  For there are no pains in their death, And their body is fat.
Psa 73:5  They are not in trouble as other men, Nor are they plagued like mankind.
Psa 73:6  Therefore pride is their necklace; The garment of violence covers them.
Psa 73:7  Their eye bulges from fatness; The imaginations of their heart run riot.
Psa 73:8  They mock and wickedly speak of oppression; They speak from on high.
Psa 73:9  They have set their mouth against the heavens, And their tongue parades through the earth.
Psa 73:10  Therefore his people return to this place, And waters of abundance are drunk by them.
Psa 73:11  They say, "How does God know? And is there knowledge with the Most High?"
Psa 73:12  Behold, these are the wicked; And always at ease, they have increased in wealth.
Psa 73:13  Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure And washed my hands in innocence;
Psa 73:14  For I have been stricken all day long And chastened every morning.
Psa 73:15  If I had said, "I will speak thus," Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of Your children.
Psa 73:16  When I pondered to understand this, It was troublesome in my sight
Psa 73:17  Until I came into the sanctuary of God; Then I perceived their end. 
Psa 73:18  Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction.
Psa 73:19  How they are destroyed in a moment! They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!
Psa 73:20  Like a dream when one awakes, O Lord, when aroused, You will despise their form.
Psa 73:21  When my heart was embittered And I was pierced within,
Psa 73:22  Then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.
Psa 73:23  Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand.
Psa 73:24  With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory.
Psa 73:25  Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
Psa 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psa 73:27  For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.
Psa 73:28  But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works.

No comments: