Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jimmy Choo Prays to Various Gods

The Telegraph (UK), interviewed shoe designer Jimmy Choo. I found this part of the interview interesting, but sad:

Best piece of travel advice?
Last year, my Buddhist teacher was meditating and my Lady God told him to remind me to allow myself more time to prepare before I travel. My driver will say to me, “Please be here at 9am” and I will go down 45 minutes late. It’s usually because I’m looking for things that I have forgotten to pack. Now I try to pack the day before I travel.... 
How else do your Buddhist beliefs influence your travels?
As soon as I get off a plane I put my hand to the ground to thank the god of that country and ask that my stay is peaceful, with no accidents or danger, and that I get the chance to meet good people and make good friendships. Sometimes I hear people say, “What the hell is this guy doing?” as I pretend to tie my shoe lace.
Here is what the Creator of all things as said:
Exo 20:2  "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3  "You shall have no other gods before Me4  "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5  "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6  but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 

Isa 44:9  Those who fashion a graven image are all of them futile, and their precious things are of no profit; even their own witnesses fail to see or know, so that they will be put to shame. 
Isa 44:10  Who has fashioned a god or cast an idol to no profit? 
Isa 44:11  Behold, all his companions will be put to shame, for the craftsmen themselves are mere men. Let them all assemble themselves, let them stand up, let them tremble, let them together be put to shame. 

Isa 45:18  For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a waste place, but formed it to be inhabited), "I am the LORD, and there is none else. 
Isa 45:19  "I have not spoken in secret, In some dark land; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek Me in a waste place'; I, the LORD, speak righteousness, Declaring things that are upright. 
Isa 45:20  "Gather yourselves and come; Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations; They have no knowledge, Who carry about their wooden idol And pray to a god who cannot save. 
Isa 45:21  "Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me. 
Isa 45:22  "Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. 

Isa 59:1  Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short That it cannot save; Nor is His ear so dull That it cannot hear. 

The God of Scripture is the God Who hears, Who Sees, and Who Acts with all power. Idols and gods of Buddhism or any other religion is false because their god is a creation, not the Creator; deaf, blind, mute, and powerless, unlike the triune God of Scripture. 

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 
Rom 1:19  For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 
Rom 1:20  For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 
Rom 1:21  For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 
Rom 1:22  Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 
Rom 1:23  and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. 
Rom 1:24  Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 
Rom 1:25  because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 

No comments: