Friday, September 06, 2013

When You Take God Out of the Equation, You Lose All Perspective

CALLER: And you know where I think that starts is I think, just in my life, you know, and you've mentioned it all the time, talent on loan from God, I think when you take God out of the equation, you lose all perspective about humility and grateful --

RUSH: Again, you've hit a home run. Without God in your life, it is impossible to understand that there are things larger than yourself. And people who think that there's nothing larger than themselves are some of the toughest people to be around and live with. They're arrogant, they are condescending, and many of them, I'll guarantee, because they are missing that, are profoundly insecure, which is what they're trying to cover up. But you know something? I want to go back to your point about gratitude, and I want to thank you for that because I have it.

~Rush Limbaugh

They are talking about worldviews: one with God in it, one without God in it. Of course, even sincere people like Rush and the caller, while talking about God, have to understand that a right perspective on life stems from having the biblical God. Is. 6 is a stunning example of this as is Romans 1.

No comments: