Wednesday, March 12, 2014

John Piper's Complaint About Plagiarism Rings Hallow

This piece is a few months old, but worth discussing here.
Where has he been in regard to Driscoll on other issues? Sorry to say, but Piper's picking and choosing rings very hollow to me. He wants to talk about idolatry in writing??? Wow, phariseeism, I must say.
It's not that I don't agree with the sentiment, I do. I've complained about pastors plagiarizing in the pulpit before, but nary a word from the likes of Piper or anyone "famous". But his "outrage" means very little, especially in light of his parading around these very false teachers and now complains about their actions. He's expecting false brothers to have integrity. Amazing.


If lying is the "industry standard" reject it. Come on, famous guys, if someone writes for you, put the plebe's name on it.

No comments: