Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Obama Has Said Repeatedly He Can Do Whatever He Wants, Proving It's Never Been A Joke

Jay Sekulow reminded me of how Obama's jokes sadly become reality. For example, when he "joked" to Pres. Hollande that he's the president, he can do whatever he wants, it reminds us of his abuse of executive orders and threatening to use his pen if Congress won't do what he wants. He reminded me about his "joke" about using the IRS against his enemieis. That got me thinking about things that he's said in "passing" but surely have revealed his heart....
Obama's "joke" on using the IRS against his enemies:
"At his Arizona State University commencement speech last Wednesday, Mr. Obama noted that ASU had refused to grant him an honorary degree, citing his lack of experience, and the controversy this had caused. He then demonstrated ASU's point by remarking, "I really thought this was much ado about nothing, but I do think we all learned an important lesson. I learned never again to pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA brackets. . . . President [Michael] Crowe and the Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS." "

"As it turns out, the IRS under President Obama routinely gave special scrutiny for groups with the terms “tea party” or “patriots” in their titles. His little joke doesn’t read much like a joke anymore."
Despotism: Obama has repeatedly stated he can and will do whatever he wants; he won't wait on the other two branches of our government as the Constitution demands:
"President Obama "quipped" today during a visit to Monticello with the French president, "That's the good thing as a President, I can do whatever I want." "

~The Weekly Standard
 To Russia's president in 2013:
President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.
President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…
President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.
President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
~The Blaze (video at the site)

" “We’re not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help they need. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone,” Obama said Tuesday as he convened his first Cabinet meeting of the year."

~CBS, Washington DC

"“Energy independence is one of them. Making sure that we’re investing in the best schools, so that our children can compete in this new global economy; rebuilding our infrastructure, not just our energy infrastructure, but our ports and our roads and our bridges and our air traffic control systems, so that we stay on the cutting edge; making sure we’re investing in research and development … We have a whole drawer full of good ideas. And some of them I can do on my own, administratively.”

~ Washington Times, November 9, 2013

No comments: